It’s been a while since PCF controls were released for general availability. I was busy with my project schedules and finally, I managed to try out one. The Activity Summary grid. We can have activity timelines or sub-grids to view the activities under a record but these do not provide a high-level glance on activities. So I created one PCF to show activity summary, count of each type of activity under a record. This comes with Zero configuration. Whattt?? Yes, Zero configuration.
Follow the steps below to set yours.
- Download the managed solution from here.
- Import the solution to your organization.
- Create a view with the required filters. If you do not require the control to consider certain activity types, you can exclude them in your view filter. The control will consider only the records returned by the view selected.
- Add sub-grid to the form with the view we created.
- Add Activity Summary control to the sub-grid.
Wait is there an advanced version? Yes I will be releasing Activity Summary Pro in next 2 months :).