Save Your Cloud Storage Space
Wanna save some cloud storage space? here is a PCF to Help you. Nowadays, even a budget smartphone’s camera will also capture images with 3-5 MB size. Imagine a Dynamics 365 environment with 50 users and each user saving 10 images per day.
Though we can save these images to Azure Blob or SharePoint or even purchase additional storage, in most cases these images do not need a high definition quality. The Image Resizer PCF is my attempt to resize images on the fly. This control allows you to upload multiple images to Dynamics 365 notes or email and the PCF resizes the image files before saving to dynamics 365. Watch below video to view the PCF in action.
How to configure
- Download the managed or unmanaged solution file from Git and import to your environment.
- Insert a section with a single column on the form.
- Add a field you would like to use that will not be used on the form.
- Uncheck ‘Display label on the form’ for the field.
- Add image resizer PCF control to your field.
- Give parameter values
- Image Height: Height of the resized image.
- Image Width: Width of the resized image.
- Image Quality Percentage: Resizing quality.
- Save and publish your changes.
The PCF uses React Image File Resizer to resize the images and React Drop Zone for the file upload control. For quick development, I have reused Rama Rao’s Attachment Uploader for file upload logic. There are many improvement options like image preview, on screen resizing etc. You are always welcome to branch git repo here.